14 Sep A YOGA RETREAT TO FIND AND LIVE YOUR PURPOSE
Written by Laura Porter ・ Image by Shazmyn Ali ・ 5 mins
Purpose. It’s a small and familiar word but one that most of us want more of in our daily lives. Why? Having real purpose guides our decision making, shapes our goals and it gives us a focus. Plus, when we live a purposeful life, health and wellness comes effortlessly – we’re healthier, happier and more resilient to stresses. A yoga retreat dedicated to finding and nourishing our purpose can be exactly what we need.
Live a larger life
You could say living with a clear purpose means living a larger life – one where we’re aware of our true abilities and have the clarity and confidence to use them in a fulfilling way. This opens up our worlds to new experiences and relationships and makes life more rewarding.
Being of Purpose Retreat
It’s clear we’re sold on purpose – now we’re on a mission to guide our teachers and students to find their purpose. It’s why we’re running a special Byron Bay retreat called the “Being of Purpose”. It’s a yoga retreat where you’ll truly relax and leave your worries behind and emerge ready to live your true purpose. The teacher? Our own Power Living founder Duncan Peak.
The yoga retreat is part of our 500hr teaching training pathway and has been designed especially for 200hr certified students committed to continuing their learning journey. We always say it’s a journey that never really ends – but advancing from a 200hrs to 500hrs does bring a whole host of benefits – benefits like increased confidence, developing a niche and finding your inner yogi. This deeper learning that can only come with time explains why our students say the 500hr teaching pathway is ‘game changing’. Find out more.
Not a yoga teacher but on a quest for purpose? We’d love you to join this yoga retreat in November – it’s open to all dedicated yoga students with a thirst for knowledge who want to dive deeper in their practice!
What you’ll get out of this Byron retreat
1. Learn how to stay true to yourself and rise through life’s challenges, all with a clear understanding of yourself and why your beliefs are set up in the way they are.
2. Be inspired by this zen beach retreat to actualise the future you want by teaching you how to set and reach goals, by examining ancient yogic philosophy of the Purusharthas, the four aims of a human life: Dharma (nature, virtue), Artha (prosperity), Kama (pleasure) and Moksha (liberty).
3. You’ll learn from Power Living founder Duncan Peak: “This wellness retreat will change your life – by taking you through a unique process of asking yourself the big questions that will leave you crystal clear on your purpose in life and how to live into it.”
4. Eight hours of daily study with vinyasa and yin practices, meditation and pranayama (breath/energy work). Plus they’ll be heaps of time for rest and reflection.
5. Oh and how can we forget – you’ll score a week (or more if you choose) in Byron Bay –Australia’s leading yoga destination known for its beautiful beaches and eclectic and vibrant community.
Beautiful Byron Bay & Tallow Beach House
The retreat in November runs from Sunday 18th – so you’ll enjoy the warm weather and tranquillity before the Summer crowds arrive. The perfect excuse to hit Byron early or extend your stay – giving you time to:
• Watch the sunrise from Cape Byron lighthouse – the most easterly point on Australia’s mainland.
• Indulge in some of the most nourishing, healthy, not to mention vegan friendly food, Australia has to offer.
• Spot humpback whales from stunning headland viewpoints, drive out to the Hinterland or the Gold Coast, learn to surf or kayak……
• Or simply do little but kick back and get sandy with a book (or three) on the secluded Tallow Beach.
On your 500hr pathway?
Teachers will walk away with an understanding of how Dharma relates to teaching and how to be a living example to students, bringing lasting transformation and inspiring others to do the same. The retreat forms part of the Power Living 500hr pathway so all 200hr graduates will gain 75 hours towards their RYT 500hr Certification with Yoga Alliance and their 350hr Certificate with Yoga Australia.